How can I encourage my GT's to Breed?

V4NiLL4KiLL4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2006
soCal
I have two GT's that have laid eggs 4 times, the first two times the wigglers were sucked out/eaten because i didnt want babies, now i want babies and when i reintroduced them they laid eggs but were unfertile, then my oscar ate the next batch of eggs about 2 months ago. No eggs since then, how can i encourage them to breed?
THanks

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Condition them for 2-3 weeks with lots of meaty foods Brine Shrimp, earthworms, bloodworms. 50% water changes, raise temp to 82.

andy123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
PALM COAST FL
2 things that could get them to breed....
1) don't do a water change for a while about 3 weeks and feed them a little bit extra like once a day more food... then after about 3 weeks, do heavy water changes I would say the first 75%. with cool water, (Say tank is 80-82, use 76.) then do 50%, this way it tricks them into thinking it just rained out, and encourages them to spawn, sometimes..

2) do 50% water changes everyday, and make sure that gravel (if you have any ) as clean as can be.. when you doing those water changes keep cleaning that gravel, for me i don't use it, because even when you think it's clean it's not... but some fish have to have it to breed on... I bet in about a week or so you should get them spawning again...

also if the fish are big enough,,, feed them night crawlers... (cleaned out) something in the worms gets them going, and also they will lay more eggs..
andy

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
Some wine, candlelight, soft music, and a nice meal with some oysters. Works for me everytime:naughty:

andy123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
PALM COAST FL
make sure you clean them out first... all you do is put them in news paper for a few days and let me clean out... they eat dirt, so if they don't clean out I don't know really but I heard that it could mess with the fishes digestive track....
andy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store