how do i take care of these

sun catfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
california
i have never seen one of these in the feeder tanks but i would like to know how to take care of them

one of my favorites are brindled madtom i hope i spelled it right
if it is just imposible to find those i could settle for a tadpole madtom

what do they eat and do they do good in fish tanks

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Pictures? So we can ID the madtom/catfish for you.

sun catfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
california
this is what a brindled madtom looks like

brindled.jpg

teleost

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2005
where I lay my hat
Both mentioned madtoms do well in tanks. They are a catfish so they eat just about anything that sinks and stay hidden most of the time.

Probably not going to find brindled madtom in feeder tanks but I'd guess tadpole madtoms are a possibility. Be careful when selecting catfish from feeder tanks. You don't want a surprise bullhead instead of a madtom. Look at the adipose fin, if it's like an earlope, it's not a madtom.

xspainx69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
Queens,NY
teleost;2752177; said:
Both mentioned madtoms do well in tanks. They are a catfish so they eat just about anything that sinks and stay hidden most of the time.

Probably not going to find brindled madtom in feeder tanks but I'd guess tadpole madtoms are a possibility. Be careful when selecting catfish from feeder tanks. You don't want a surprise bullhead instead of a madtom. Look at the adipose fin, if it's like an earlope, it's not a madtom.

HAHA:ROFL: Tell me about it!

I agree with Ulland, Bullheads stay as far away from them:grinno: Those things are eating machines. I lost my whol 30 gallon tank stock because of a little black bullhead LMAO HAHA

Tadpole Madtoms are kool! They stay hidden and when they take a wiff of food they run out and eat it all and then run back in their hiding spot lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store