How do you get them to fit?

misterjose23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2009
In my fish tanks.
build around the tank! i wouldnt put this in a 2nd story house or apt lol. bt wow thats a big tank!! i think i could swim in that!!!

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
12 Volt Man;3804647; said:
you don't. (in general).

most big tanks go on ground level floors but there are exceptions where people beef up their flooring, although this can only be done when you have tanks where the gallon capacity is high but the surface area is also high (ie a 240g tank that is 24" tall is less concentrated weight than a 240g tank that is 30" tall for example..)

for really big tanks they have to go on ground floor areas, unless you have concrete floors (like some apartments).

Yes would work with highrise concrete floored apartments but u wouldn't be able to move a mammoth tank up to the suite. It's very hard to fit in a elevator and u wouldn't want to lug up a tank that size up the staircase of 10 or higher stories. Again to accomplish this it must be custom built on site in your own home.

coeus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
maryland
my tank didnt fit through the door... so i turned it sideways (30in wide 18in tall)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I disassembled my tank. Still waiting to get it downstairs and put back together.

Cheetah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2009
Canada
Once either width or height is less than the narrowest point in your house. Your usually fine, just the man/crane power to do it.

If you want a tank with odd dimensions though , you definetly have to build it on site (ie 18x8x12shark tank)

Posted on mobile.monsterfishkeepers.com

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Iif you can't fit the tank in your house, you probably shouldn't buy the tank. Just using common sense here. Haha.

However, windows, doors, deck doors, all come out with a little effort. Most times that effort is worth it.

I was lucky enough to have a giant front door that my 450g went through, however, it still took 4 guys and several dollies to get it there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store