How do you tell the difference between swim bladder types?

Saintsaber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Flordia
Hey my flowerhorn got swim bladder when he swims down he floats up VERY SLOWLY and he has not air pocket. He is very active and aggressive

Is it a bacterial swim bladder swim bladder from food?

Before I fed him Nls jumbo Thera a soaked in garlic and vita Chem he floated up faster but ever since I started to feed Nls soaked he started floating slower. And became more colorful and active more

Saintsaber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Flordia
Bump

Saintsaber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Flordia
No

Saintsaber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Flordia
Bump

calioutlaw1a

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
California
The main way to distinguish between buoyancy issues from air gulping while eating and a true swim bladder disorder is that with air gulping the problem should be intermittent, with normal swimming between air gulping episodes.
If it is a swim bladder disorder due to a microbial infection, it will be constant, and the fish may show other signs of infection such as lethargy, decreased appetite, or color loss. Swim bladder problems have also been associated with rapid temperature changes, which may occur during water changes.

You can approach this problem as follows:
-Change over to a sinking pellet. This will eliminate the possibility of air gulping at the surface while eating.
-If this doesn't help, you can try adding some salt to the aquarium at 1/2 tsp per 25 gallons
-If the salt doesn't help, you can try a course of antibiotics.

Saintsaber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Flordia
The fish is back to normal some how? I went for vacation for the weeking and decided to fast for the weekend my father was looking after the house for me I TOLD HIM NOT TO FEED HIM ANYTHING and he said ok ok when i got back i see him swimming back to normal and my dad comes to me with a snare smile and said that he decided to feed the fish without my permission and he went back to normal in awe i cried in my mind because i looked like a fool...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store