How do you treat your water during water change?

jcarson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2018
Las Vegas Nevada
www.instagram.com
Hey gang

I have noticed that I have found myself using way more than the recommended dosages when I put water back into my tank.

I often get paranoid that its not enough, or maybe it is enough but it may need more because the tank is still filling.

I have watched youtube videos of people changing there water in their tanks and I often myself saying, "more"

I am using api tap water conditioner super strength which claims 1ml for ever 20 gallons..... so what I do is mix 5 ml in a one gallon jug and periodically add it to my tank as its filling.

But I always find myself pouring another cap-full (cant help it!)

Even if I was using safe where it calls for an 1/8th teaspoon for every 150 gal of water. I would find myself putting in way too much.

Somebody please help clear this up!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Out of all the possible threads why did this one have to come up right when I'm literally in the midst of changing how I'm doing it? Lol. Anyway, I just use my python to take the water out and then once it's filled back up I put my prime in it.
I'm in the middle of switching over to getting like a 55 gallon drum and just filling that up with water, treating it, then pumping it into the tank with a submersible pump. In the middle of trying to find a pump that I like.

Reactions: jcarson

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I gotta get more prime....

jcarson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2018
Las Vegas Nevada
www.instagram.com
Out of all the possible threads why did this one have to come up right when I'm literally in the midst of changing how I'm doing it? Lol. Anyway, I just use my python to take the water out and then once it's filled back up I put my prime in it.
I'm in the middle of switching over to getting like a 55 gallon drum and just filling that up with water, treating it, then pumping it into the tank with a submersible pump. In the middle of trying to find a pump that I like.
Dont you fear that chlorine may be adversely affecting your fish before you dose?

Reactions: Jexnell

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Yes because my school of underwater cows (silver dollars) always line up facing diagonally and just shake while I'm filling it up. They don't do this while I'm emptying it, only when I'm filling it up. I want this to stop and I don't care if it takes twice as long to fill the tank uo, those silver dollars are some of my favorite so I'll do anything to protect them.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I just realized I have $478 worth of fish in my 75.... So yeah, I wanna protect my fish...

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Also got some expensive fish eh?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store