How do you vary your fishes nutrition?

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Do you have proof that its better to feed the variety of foods separately? What does feeding them separate achieve?

How is that list of foods variety? What is in each that can't be gotten through eating a high quality pellet??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
A highest quality pellet at the max might have 50% protien....but an earthworm from one's own culture will have 60% protien. Also gives the fish a natural diet , rather than a pellet which has its own mix of additives and preservtives.
Fishes in the natural have variety...so if you can do a mix of live and pellet , why not try it , as long as your fishes enjoy it.

I feed my fishes variety food separately , helps me single out fishes and their inclination towards different pellets. Also prevents them from going for one single variety for ever.
You can come across various posts , where people complain of fishes having a liking towards one variety only.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't vary all that much. I feed strictly NLS pellets and then give the occaisional treat of wafers, spirulina or some Repashy.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
To the OP IMO I don't think what your doing would be frowned upon, nothing wrong with it. The question would be, is it necessary. I, like the two posters above rely on NLS as the staple diet for all my fish. I treat with other things on occasion too but it's not abosulty necessary. IMHO you might be spending more money than you have to but like I said there's nothing wrong with it.

I think Neutrino did a good job of putting it into perspective on the previous page.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store