How fast do silver arowanas grow?

that guy over there

Feeder Fish
Original poster
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
hawaii
I have a little baby silver arowana around 1 1/2 inches..i feed the guy frozen dried bloodworms..how big would he get in 1 month?

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
If they eat well and have good water/living conditions then expect 2+" every month until they get ~24" and then they will slow down.
KNH

Bderick67

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Real Name
Brian
Occupation
electrician
average growth for silver aro under 24" is 1 to 1.25 inches per month. There are case of both quicker and slower growth. Being you silver is 1.5" I would epxect about 3/4" over the next couple months. I had two silvers at 3.5" in 4 months time one was 7.5" while the other only reached 6.5".

bob351

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2006
Canada
i grew a silver from 7-8" to its size now in just over 3 months they grow pretty quick

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Paul
Occupation
Fish Culturist/Truck Driver
mine is probably 5.5" now. i bought it at about 4...almost a month and a half ago. going to start feeding it more often, although i'm def not in a hurry for it to outgrow my 125 haha.

chefrific

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2007
Georgia
Occupation
Director of Marketing for a private Physical Thera
My silver was purchased 3 months ago at 6", it is now over 12"!!!! NO KIDDING!!!! Now, my h20 quality is really good, and he eats A LOT!!! I vary his diet almost every day (live minnows, shrimp, beefheart, live crickets, Hikari bio-gold and hikari food sticks, but just in the last month it has started pounding the hikari sticks and pellets. Just got a baby jardini (of course in another tank) around 2" and havn't seen any growth yet. The Jardini eats same diet with equal enthusiasm. I firmly believe in varying their diet. I have much healthier and happy fish, that usually grow like champs when I give them a mixed diet and keep your h20 parameters within check ALWAYS! GOOD LUCK!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store