How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Seriously... Happened to check in on this as well.

The same round and round of misinformation, grasping and posting random Youtube videos.

Wondering why the CDC recommends that people who have had COVID and recovered should get vaccinated? https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html?s_cid=11572:vaccine after covid:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:pTN.Grants:FY21

While the study has limitations, One study showed that unvaccinated people who already had COVID-19 are more than 2 times as likely than fully vaccinated people to get COVID-19 again.

All of the nonsense about COVID deaths decreasing is entirely puzzling. We are still having 1400+ deaths per day. Roughly a 9/11 of death - nearly entirely people who are unvaccinated - every 2 days. Here's the CDCs COVID death tracker: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailydeaths

What's it like in hospitals? As many have posted, the lack of beds - ICU or otherwise - is resulting in crisis standards of care and the inability to properly care for patients. How about Tennessee? "In a snapshot taken Monday, Shamiyeh showed that only six ICU beds were available in East Tennessee hospitals. On that day, 88% of ICU patients were on a ventilator (144 with COVID-19 and 129 without). " https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...covid-spike-could-overload-system/8346250002/

As in the past, such facts won't convince many that this isn't all a huge conspiracy... but maybe just a few.

Logging back off.
Hello; It could take a while to find sources on the other claims, but I have been keeping a CDC link handy. Here it is again and it is updated to 9-18-21 which is yesterday. The trends are still going down.
CDC COVID Data Tracker

Reactions: celebrist

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Hello; I see that you took my comment out of context. Nice spin. I stated i do not see the sort of videos you claim to see. I stated that I watch auto repair videos a lot and that those do not fit the description you are writing about. Slow down and read for understanding.
If you made a mistake a simple acknowledgement of such and that will be the end of it.
Jeff, it was used in the very video that you were going on & on about. You know, the one regarding Robert Malone. Whoa ........

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
Doesn't everybody get their medical advice from youtube? i mean why listen to somebody who has spent years studying and even more hands on praictice when there is YouTube or Doctor Trump. Where did you say he got his medical degree?

I wonder if the people who won't get the vaccine prefer to fly in a plane piloted by a you tuber rather than a trained experienced pilot.

I wonder how many people who spout BS about vaccinves have stdudied virology at all even for 30 seconds.

I wonder how many heard the most recent news?

Wacharapluesadee, S., Tan, C.W., Maneeorn, P. et al. Evidence for SARS-CoV-2 related coronaviruses circulating in bats and pangolins in Southeast Asia. Nat Commun 12, 972 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-21240-1

Download citation
Abstract
Among the many questions unanswered for the COVID-19 pandemic are the origin of SARS-CoV-2 and the potential role of intermediate animal host(s) in the early animal-to-human transmission. The discovery of RaTG13 bat coronavirus in China suggested a high probability of a bat origin. Here we report molecular and serological evidence of SARS-CoV-2 related coronaviruses (SC2r-CoVs) actively circulating in bats in Southeast Asia. Whole genome sequences were obtained from five independent bats (Rhinolophus acuminatus) in a Thai cave yielding a single isolate (named RacCS203) which is most related to the RmYN02 isolate found in Rhinolophus malayanus in Yunnan, China. SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies were also detected in bats of the same colony and in a pangolin at a wildlife checkpoint in Southern Thailand. Antisera raised against the receptor binding domain (RBD) of RmYN02 was able to cross-neutralize SARS-CoV-2 despite the fact that the RBD of RacCS203 or RmYN02 failed to bind ACE2. Although the origin of the virus remains unresolved, our study extended the geographic distribution of genetically diverse SC2r-CoVs from Japan and China to Thailand over a 4800-km range. Cross-border surveillance is urgently needed to find the immediate progenitor virus of SARS-CoV-2.
So where exactly did Covid start? Neither you nor I nor the scientific community do not have the difinitive answer yet.

But here is the thing few want to say. The anti-vacers are the most likely to contract Covid and to die as a result. While I do not wish this on anybody, it does reduce the risk to the rest of us who fear Covid more than a fairly safe vaccine. It will also mean space will open back up in hospitals for those of us who may need them for things not Covid. So while I do not wish a covid death on any anti-vaccer, If that iis your fate, I will not shed a tear for you when you are gone. We all must live with the consequences of our actions. Sometime this might mean we die from them.

I lived through the era of polio. I am glad we had no choice back then. All children got the vaccine whch is why the iron lung industry died and a lot of children did not have to spend their lives in leg braces or worse.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/26/last-iron-lung-paul-alexander-polio-coronavirus

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Jeff, it was used in the very video that you were going on & on about. You know, the one regarding Robert Malone. Whoa ........
Hello; Again you are mistaken. You twisted my comment in post #1974. I was writing about watching auto repair videos. Please try to get it correct.

I did watch a video first linked by another member and I did take some notes while watching that video. So at best I reposted a link to a video which had already been posted. In that video some interesting things came up. I posted my notes from the video in the hope some answer could be had. So far all I get from you is put downs about the Dr. Malone featured and personal insults directed at myself.

I do not see what you imply.
Hello; it is too late for me to edit my sentence in the original post so I will re -write it . I do not look for the sort of videos you imply.
Time for you to let it go, me thinks.

• Haha
Reactions: RD.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Doesn't everybody get their medical advice from youtube? i mean why listen to somebody who has spent years studying and even more hands on praictice when there is YouTube or Doctor Trump. Where did you say he got his medical degree?

I wonder if the people who won't get the vaccine prefer to fly in a plane piloted by a you tuber rather than a trained experienced pilot.

I wonder how many people who spout BS about vaccinves have stdudied virology at all even for 30 seconds.

I wonder how many heard the most recent news?

Wacharapluesadee, S., Tan, C.W., Maneeorn, P. et al. Evidence for SARS-CoV-2 related coronaviruses circulating in bats and pangolins in Southeast Asia. Nat Commun 12, 972 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-21240-1

Download citation

So where exactly did Covid start? Neither you nor I nor the scientific community do not have the difinitive answer yet.

But here is the thing few want to say. The anti-vacers are the most likely to contract Covid and to die as a result. While I do not wish this on anybody, it does reduce the risk to the rest of us who fear Covid more than a fairly safe vaccine. It will also mean space will open back up in hospitals for those of us who may need them for things not Covid. So while I do not wish a covid death on any anti-vaccer, If that iis your fate, I will not shed a tear for you when you are gone. We all must live with the consequences of our actions. Sometime this might mean we die from them.

I lived through the era of polio. I am glad we had no choice back then. All children got the vaccine whch is why the iron lung industry died and a lot of children did not have to spend their lives in leg braces or worse.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/26/last-iron-lung-paul-alexander-polio-coronavirus
Hello; I guess it is good that I am not one of the anti-vacers you dislike so much. I have had two shots. I did state that those who have recovered naturally do not need the shots because they have a natural immunity, does that make me an anti-vacer?
I also lived thru the polio era.

• Haha
Reactions: celebrist

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Hello; Again you are mistaken. You twisted my comment in post #1974. I was writing about watching auto repair videos. Please try to get it correct.

I did watch a video first linked by another member and I did take some notes while watching that video. So at best I reposted a link to a video which had already been posted. In that video some interesting things came up. I posted my notes from the video in the hope some answer could be had. So far all I get from you is put downs about the Dr. Malone featured and personal insults directed at myself.

Hello; it is too late for me to edit my sentence in the original post so I will re -write it . I do not look for the sort of videos you imply.
Time for you to let it go, me thinks.
LMAO. Jeff old boy, it seems that you missed the point. All good, good night Irene. ?

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
So according to the chart you've posted, the rate of Covid cases has decreased from 143.5 cases per 100,000 for (females) on 9/11 to just 13.9 cases per 100,000 on 9/18. It must be an absolute miracle. Covid is cured! Hallelujah. Or the chart looks like it's decreasing each week because the data isn't in yet. And if we wait a week, it will reflect the true value. And not that Covid has ended each week.

If you'd look at the top of the same page, you'd see that the daily cases in fact have not miraculously disappeared and - if you click on the "daily cases" graph - you'll find that there were over 152,000 daily cases reported on Sept 16, the most recent reported: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailycases

You'd also see that the "deaths" at the top of the page is also increasing.... and clicking on it would reveal that 2,087 souls perished from COVID on Sept 17: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailydeaths

That over 2,000 Americans died of COVID on a single day - primarily from community spread by Americans not being immunized and not wearing masks - is a tragedy beyond words.

It seems your worldview has been shaped by your erroneous interpretation of a graph. Hopefully you stand corrected. Not holding my breath ;)

Hello; It could take a while to find sources on the other claims, but I have been keeping a CDC link handy. Here it is again and it is updated to 9-18-21 which is yesterday. The trends are still going down.
CDC COVID Data Tracker

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
So according to the chart you've posted, the rate of Covid cases has decreased from 143.5 cases per 100,000 for (females) on 9/11 to just 13.9 cases per 100,000 on 9/18. It must be an absolute miracle. Covid is cured! Hallelujah. Or the chart looks like it's decreasing each week because the data isn't in yet. And if we wait a week, it will reflect the true value. And not that Covid has ended each week.

If you'd look at the top of the same page, you'd see that the daily cases in fact have not miraculously disappeared and - if you click on the "daily cases" graph - you'll find that there were over 152,000 daily cases reported on Sept 16, the most recent reported: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailycases

You'd also see that the "deaths" at the top of the page is also increasing.... and clicking on it would reveal that 2,087 souls perished from COVID on Sept 17: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailydeaths

That over 2,000 Americans died of COVID on a single day - primarily from community spread by Americans not being immunized and not wearing masks - is a tragedy beyond words.

It seems your worldview has been shaped by your erroneous interpretation of a graph. Hopefully you stand corrected. Not holding my breath ;)
Hello; I post the link I do not create the graphs or the data. If you look at the graph of cases under age you will see that cases peaked last month (August) and the number of cases has been going down in all age groups. The deaths graph under age is harder to read since the number of deaths is small for most age groups.

I get the notion that data can lag and that updates may change things. So go back a week to look at the data. Put the cursor on the graph line and the date and other data will show for that day. So go back to last Saturday. The number of cases will be less than for weeks before. Like i stated the last peak was in August.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
It's odd how the two graphics both from the CDC indicate such different information

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store