HOW LONG DOES NTT TIGER LIVE WITHOUT FOOD?

ROY1204

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2018
toronto
Sounds like your dat is still a bit traumatized from the move and it's new environment. Try to provide plenty of covers/hiding spaces, and either keep the tank's light off or filter it, to substantially lower the brightness. Once it acclimates, then set up the tank as it was.
Thanks!

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
thanks !! for sure I will do. First time I used it, I think I put too much.. my full tank was a mess.. so I will put a small portion to try
If it's frozen, break of a small piece and thaw out in a small container. The coldness will probably registered as something that's not food.

Reactions: ROY1204 and Matteus

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Did it eat yet?

Yeah, pellets are the toughest. I still can't get mine to eat pellets even though the ray eats pellets and I still offer it everyday. Mine would not eat bloodworms. I'm ok with them eating frozen shrimp and smelts for now.
If your fish is eating frozen, you can try this method.

You can feed it raw shrimps (make sure the mouth is large enough to swallow and it doesn't choke), cut open the shrimp and fill it with pellets. Also, make sure your NTT does not have an allergic reaction to shrimps. In my past experiences, I found some tigers get an allergic reaction after ingesting shrimps (pop eye). Use white shrimps and not tiger shrimps / prawns (tiger shrimps have enzymes deficiency like gold fish which cause HITH disease). At first it might split it all out, but most of the time it will swallow together (I used massivore pellets). After a few months, it should be able to eat pellet by it self.

If the whole shrimp is too large, cut it smaller and same goes for the pellet!

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store