How Long Has Your Equipment Lasted?

drevile

Feeder Fish
Jun 28, 2018
Surprisingly my longest lasting piece of gear is an aqua one cf1200 it's been running for 16 years straight on a turtle tank, no replacement parts apart from pipes.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Eight year equipment update on my setup:

The air pump I purchased from Jehmco (DAPMH15, which I think is just a rebranded Alita) gave out this morning after almost 8 years. I haven't opened it up yet to see what failed, but it probably just needs a new diaphragm.
My sump return pump (Laguna Max-Flo 4200) is still going strong after ~8 years.
Eheim Jaeger Heaters (all six of the 300W) appear to still be working great. I know there were some people that were disappointed with the Jaegers after Eheim bought them out and changed them up a bit, but they have been solid for me.
The Ranco controller the Jaegers are hooked up to, also going strong for 8 years.
I run Matala Mat in my sump and the grey high density mat started to really break down after 3 years. The Black low density mat started breaking down after 4 years. By breaking down, I mean that it went noodle soft (lost all rigidity). Both had to be replaced.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
i have a cascade air pump that has been in service since 2002.. some down time but has been pumping air for at least 10 yrs of that time... i have some ac filters that have to be going on 15/20 yrs old of constant service .. i have several i bought used 7/8/10 yrs ago .. *every* one is still in use...

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Also just FYI. I do add some ridx to my tank to help with reduction/breakdown of “gunk”. Believe it’s another component to the longevity of my equipment.

WalksWIthGobies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2018
ames,iowa
I have a Marineland canister filter as well as 2 Marineland HOB filters, with the exception of replacing one rubber gasket all have been running nonstop for over 20 years.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
So far I have a pair of AC110s with two years of use, just the impeller shafts been replaced. An FX4 with a year and half, second one has a year of use. Two Ehiem 400 air pumps and two Ehiem 250Watt heaters with a year and half of use. One 2ft and one 4ft long Fluval aquasky led lights with 1.5 years of use.

Let's see how long they last before replacing or repairing.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
well i have a little list my eheim pro4 plus 250 just failed early this morning had it just over a year I bought it to replace a oase biomaster 250 that sprung a leak in the early hours of the morning and flodded my floor it was a month out of warranty on the other hand I have a fluval 406 been runnung 6 years on same impellor and still good also have a fluval 306 been running for 4 years no issues .

Old Cholly

Feeder Fish
Feb 10, 2020
Longest lasting HOB I ever had was an AC70 that went over 25 years before it finally gave up the ghost. Never had an AC70 last less than 15. Had a bunch of Aquaclears(not just AC70s) that had been in service over 15 years before I down sized the number of my tanks. My best luck overall has probably been with AquaClear and Fluval.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store