How long have you been here?

tonymofo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 23, 2007
Detroit
www.youtube.com
I recently have got back into fish keeping. I currently have 5 IT datnoids, 1 NGT Datnoids, 8 Geophagus Abalinos, 1 blood parrot & a ornate bichir. I have been lurking around the forum last couple days and realized I have been a part of MFK for almost 15 years! I have met a bunch of cool people through this site. Seems like a lot of the people that were on here 10+ are gone or don’t log in as much. They are probably like me and just lurked around without logging in. I hope some of the people that recognize my screen name please comment. It would be interesting to see how long people have been an MFK member as well........

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I was a fish keeper years back but came out of the hobby and never really thought i'd ever get back into it. Back then there were no online forums, it was very much hit and miss regarding how much success you had. It was just you and your fish, and the odd book!

Then in August 2015 I came back into the hobby. I knew online forums existed at this point because I was a member of other forums (non related to fishkeeping). So I searched out fish keeping forums and that's when I stumbled upon MFK. That was December 2015, three months after I got my first 180g.

So, compared to some of the original members from the mid 2000's, i'm a relative newbie at approaching 5 years! I think it's a great site, we have a fantastic bunch of guys and gals on here, long may the site continue.

Reactions: clm08k

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I think some of the old-timers are still around but lurking. I think some of it has to do with the natural progression of the hobby and getting out of the hobby.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I’ve been around a while although my activity on the site comes and goes. I check the site a couple times a day , but don’t usually comment unless I feel I’m adding something.
Most times any questions I come upon that I can help with have already been addressed by other members.
I still enjoy reading about people’s builds and see pictures of their stock, so most of the time I guess I’m just lurking.

Reactions: clm08k and dr exum

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Tomorrow will make it 2.5 years to the day I believe. I’ve seen a few people go away that I was rather fond of sadly, dloks, deadliest viper, go_redfish (I think it was), zugs, several more that I can’t remember at the moment. It’s nothing compared to what others have seen in terms of number but I just can’t help but to think how has life turned out for those that have been lost to time.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Few months. I believe it was July 20th or something like that. Have made some real bad mistakes, but trynna turn it up :).

Reactions: dr exum

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Well, it says on your profile when you signed up...I signed up, was active for a while then dropped off for years.

Then my local messageboard started to get too slow, I bounced around a couple other forums, got banned from Fishlore for saying "If you're going to be a twat, at least be a funny one." And ended up back here.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Well, it says on your profile when you signed up...I signed up, was active for a while then dropped off for years.

Then my local messageboard started to get too slow, I bounced around a couple other forums, got banned from Fishlore for saying "If you're going to be a twat, at least be a funny one." And ended up back here.
I find fish lore to be a joke, I honestly can’t stand the place, just ridiculous. I think I have an account floating around there somewhere if I managed to not get banned from there.

At least monsterfishkeepers has a more mature audience which is what I prefer and they also are logical and not a pain.

Reactions: jjohnwm

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
07 - so 13 years?

was mainly over on the P Fury site and was only dabbling in Monster size fish at that time -

houses come and go with females..... as do tanks and fish -

just happened to be at a place in time when i have space and resources to build up a collection of tanks and different species here .... and it turns out i’m a bit of a homebody and pandemic so.... Fish ?

cheers all!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store