How long until my tank will complete its cycle

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Yea I have a place the skimmer can go but can I use something rated for bigger on a smaller tank ?????

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yes,you should always get a skimmer that is rated larger than your total number of gallons

Sent from my XT901 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Hey guys I was wondering can I have a lion fish??

Not in a 29 gallon. They get too big. The CSS is a good skimmer, some say its hard to tune. I use one and I've never had a problem. Took a few days to break in though

Sent from my XT901 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
gl, started 2 clowns after 3 weeks of cycling, cant wait to add more fishies, but i will have to wait PATIENTLY

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I've got the new style 65 gallon coralife super skimmer on my 20 gal and it sucks out skimmate really well, I made a modification to make it quieter which helps if you sleep around it, other then that it just takes time to tune correctly and then it works great.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
My eshopps skimmers took a while to break in, around 4 or 5 days. Once I got my Tessellata eel in the tank they kicked into action. Great skimmers for sure!

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
I've got the new style 65 gallon coralife super skimmer on my 20 gal and it sucks out skimmate really well, I made a modification to make it quieter which helps if you sleep around it, other then that it just takes time to tune correctly and then it works great.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Ha I sleep right next to my tank and I have to hear the gurgling noise but I've gotten used to it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store