how many days, no food?

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
I had a stubburn dat that would only eat live blackworms. He starved himself for 2 months before he would eat prepared foods. So they would be fine for 3 days.

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
i've gone on 2 weeks business trips without feeding and they did fine. just make sure you do a water change before you leave. i usually dont feed it a day or 2 before the water change also so no poops comes out.

fish can survive without food for a long time but not in bad water condition.

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
in the wild fish eat rarely more then 3-4 times a week...fish can go a very long time with out food i don't think you should worry much

klipsch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Philippines
thanks guys! im just getting paranoid, ill just cross my fingers.. hehe

im still lucky that my tigers will eat anything i give them, except for pellets of course.

spoofsjsc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Marikina, Philippines
reading all the replies made me think of the size of klipsch's dats. you guys might have bigger ones that can withstand long periods without food. How many days can 2" dats stand? i'm asking coz i've got four about that size at a friends house . i'm scheduled to pick em up in a few days. :)

is300zx

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
Bay Area CA.
spoofsjsc;748602; said:
reading all the replies made me think of the size of klipsch's dats. you guys might have bigger ones that can withstand long periods without food. How many days can 2" dats stand? i'm asking coz i've got four about that size at a friends house . i'm scheduled to pick em up in a few days. :)
as long as the fish is healthy it should be able last for a few weeks without eating. as fish keepers we tend to overfeed our fish anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store