how much do 24"+ grade koi cost?

Magnus30

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
Michigan
I didn't relize they where that salty either, luckily I was given 11 of them & added 6 babies of my own.

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
Ali said:
If I was to sell my koi with the house then I could easily get 500 a peice. It all depends on the buyer. I'm going to probably list them at 200 a peice.

selling a home with koi is a whole new ball game on their value..........my last pond had many many many koi and plants both...the buyer wont care what they r worth
they r more concerned of the house

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
i just wnt to the koi pond in laguna beach. wow all his come straight from japan. the one he had where 2500 bucks for a 2' long female that was 6 years onld. the 3 year old ones that where about a foot where from 1000 to 1500. ya i never new they could get so much. but these koi where awsome very cool. its just my wallet isnt that deep

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I don't know the grades or types of koi but have seen 20-24" koi going for as much as $3500 or for plain greenish brown ones as little as $99.

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
i never even ne they got that much. if i got one from petsmart and its a foot long how much wound one of those be?

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
USMCtanker said:
i never even ne they got that much. if i got one from petsmart and its a foot long how much wound one of those be?

lol i my self would not buy a koi from petsmart but if i did i would not pay more than MABY 25.00 dollars ..... Top shelf KOI come from places like this , i use to work here the most expensive KOI we sold was 7000 dollars , how ever they are under new owners.. and i don't think they carry them that high any more
http://www.sunsetkoigardens.com/Home.html

if u take a look at the photo gallery i built most of the ponds there ..there are many othes they don't show... tell u what i miss that JOB

Ali

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
This last weekend I bought a kiddie pool from Toys R Us and started catching my koi. I've only caught about 5 of them. They range from 1.5-2.5' and are very nice. Any ideas on how to catch more? The pond is 2600g and has a bridge that goes over it and is were they all hide.

Thanks

BlueNote

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Princley said:
lol i my self would not buy a koi from petsmart but if i did i would not pay more than MABY 25.00 dollars ..... Top shelf KOI come from places like this , i use to work here the most expensive KOI we sold was 7000 dollars , how ever they are under new owners.. and i don't think they carry them that high any more
http://www.sunsetkoigardens.com/Home.html

if u take a look at the photo gallery i built most of the ponds there ..there are many othes they don't show... tell u what i miss that JOB

Thanks for the link, I just priced out my Koi and looks like I am sitting on a gold mine here, lol. I guess I am glad I grew these puppies up to adults. They have even spawned 2 times and I have young from them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store