How To Breed Bettas?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I'm not gonna be going through with this project until I have the time to set up vinegar eel colonies to feed fry. Plus funds for decent bettas get pretty tight for a 13 year old like me :/

I'll work on it when I finish my current projects if I have enough resources. That'll be a long time from now though.
I think it’s great that you did homework before jumping off the deep end. My beta breeding project has been put on hold as well.

Reactions: NotReallyCatfishGuy

Piscavores:)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2018
Over Winter break ill probably do it with some low quality bettas before i spend Andy money just to get the feel for it. I am 14 so we could have a competition

butchie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 3, 2009
orlando
I bred dwarf gouramis when I was about thirteen or fourteen. I did it in a ten gallon. Bit different than bettas but same concept. First egglayers I bred. Now im almost fifty and I've had aquariums my whole life, and my kids are starting their own breeding projects with fish. Sorry to get nostalgic but you can have a blast raising fish at your age, and you can do it on a tight budget. I used to use Tupperware to raise the fry and did frequent water changes if I couldn't afford filtration.

Anyways, best of luck and have fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store