How to calculate water flow through pipe with bubbles

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
I have searched, but I can not fine information on how to calculate how much water will flow through a vertical submerged pipe with bubbles rising through it.
I tried many searched, but the question is too complicated I guess. I get all kinds of calculators for different thing, but not what I want.

I have a small pond that is very deep. It is 30' deep and I want to try to turn it over.
I was going to suspend a 28' long piece of 4" PVC pipe off the bottom and below the surface.
I will pump bubbles through it to bring water from the bottom up to the surface.
I know some people just do bubbles without the pipe, but a pipe will bring water from the very bottom all the way to the actual surface.

I am board I guess. I'm stuck at home with Covid. Tested positive the day before yesterday. Feeling a little better now.
I just thought I would take a chance and throw it out here.

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
SORRY, I put this in the wrong forum. Please move it foe me....

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Reactions: johnnymax

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Why do you want to calculate the water flow? What are you trying to achieve ?

If you are able to get air down to 30 foot depth then I would not use any pipe. You will get much better oxygenation, lift and water momentum without.

A pipe would be good if you only have a shallow water pump or can only get air down a meter or two.

Hope you get well soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store