How to do all male hap peacock tank??

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
All male tanks are a constant work in progress, and managing aggression among adult male fish can be challenging at times. One of my tanks in the past was a 6ft 125 gallon all male Hap tank, and IME one has to always be prepared to shuffle things around if a fish becomes hyper dominant. Even then, after 6-7 years of living together I still had some pretty good flair ups from time to time. I even had males pair off and pseudo spawn in the center of the tank, sending all other fish to the corners. (C. moorii & N. venustus) They did this on a regular basis in the later years. That was some tough love! lol

An all male tank can be a beautiful thing, but I think when it comes to any cichlid set up, hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie

Zhewitt04

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2015
My best advise that worked for my tank was to get in touch with someone who can help you locally. I have a guy who I met through social media that I consider a friend now and he breeds and imports, so helped with what works with what. I was a newbie and still am compared to him but I have a great mix of calvus, vics, haps and peacocks. Vics are pretty mean but they are my favorite. I have a island python and he is beautiful as well as a sp44 who has great markings. Use your sources like Facebook and find people that know there stuff! Jsut my 2 cents

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store