How to get stingray on different foods?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello! My first post on this forum. I recently got this hybrid stingray. I’m unsure about what crossbreed it is, I’m hoping some expert could help me identify. Also, it only eats bloodworms. I’m trying to get it to eat prawns and fish, but doesn’t seem interested. Does anyone know how to get it off bloodworms? Thanks!

2780C397-4F0E-4D86-A498-DF229EF0D981.jpeg

Reactions: BigShawn

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Welcome. Looks like a marble motoro. There is a sticky thread at the top of this section called "breaking rays to other foods" should have all the info for u.

SCT62382

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2020
Carol Stream, IL
When I got my stingray, she was used to eating tilapia and shrimp. I've since added to her diet, including mussels, anchovies, scallops and a seafood medley that has mussels and cooked shrimp, as well as octopus and squid which were new to her diet. She's never had a problem taking on new foods for me but wasn't crazy about the mussels at first. The best tip I can give is to be patient with it and let it get hungry, eventually it'll be hungry enough to eat whatever you want. That's also how I got my piranha off live minnows and on frozen tilapia

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
When I got my stingray, she was used to eating tilapia and shrimp. I've since added to her diet, including mussels, anchovies, scallops and a seafood medley that has mussels and cooked shrimp, as well as octopus and squid which were new to her diet. She's never had a problem taking on new foods for me but wasn't crazy about the mussels at first. The best tip I can give is to be patient with it and let it get hungry, eventually it'll be hungry enough to eat whatever you want. That's also how I got my piranha off live minnows and on frozen tilapia
The hardest part for me is getting young rays off worms, and onto shrimp/tilapia personally. After that they usually go for pretty much anything. But like u said, be patient, and keep trying. Persistence for sure.

Reactions: SCT62382

SCT62382

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2020
Carol Stream, IL
The hardest part for me is getting young rays off worms, and onto shrimp/tilapia personally. After that they usually go for pretty much anything. But like u said, be patient, and keep trying. Persistence for sure.
I was probably lucky that I got her already on those foods but she also hasn't been picky for me since

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Oh wow thanks!

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Welcome. Looks like a marble motoro. There is a sticky thread at the top of this section called "breaking rays to other foods" should have all the info for u.
Hmm my fish store said it was a hybrid. Guess they were wrong.

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hmm my fish store said it was a hybrid. Guess they were wrong.
It could still be a hybrid. Looks predominantly marble to me. Could be some pearl in there? Shapes on the back are pearl like. Not for sure man.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store