How to hatch angelfish eggs without parents?

Niyaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2019
Can someone explain me how to artificially hatch angelfish using Methalyne Blue.? I have failed last two attempts. Should I water change in the rearing tank and if so how often? Until how many days should I keep Methalyne blue in the tank? Should I remove white eggs? Should I remove sponge filter from tank when Methalyne blue is added? On my last two attempts all the frys died on free swimming day (7th day)

3CF9D30E-A3D9-4BD7-A830-0817C2660A2C.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Can someone explain me how to artificially hatch angelfish using Methalyne Blue.? I have failed last two attempts. Should I water change in the rearing tank and if so how often? Until how many days should I keep Methalyne blue in the tank? Should I remove white eggs? Should I remove sponge filter from tank when Methalyne blue is added? On my last two attempts all the frys died on free swimming day (7th day)

View attachment 1411218
Methylen Blue should just be used short term and without the filter. Next time dose the first day you remove the eggs. When the eggs hatch don't continue to use the Methylen Blue. Do partial water changes to remove the Methylen Blue replace with clean Dechlorinated water add your seeded sponge filter and do what was done before feeding the fry. Also try using just clean Dechlorinated water If you feel uncomfortable about using the Methylen Blue. The fry possibly died from ammonia poisoning from the sponge filter because Methylen Blue kills the live beneficial bacteria.https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/severum-eggs.728074/

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
As a rule I don't use methadone blue, but keep an ayirstone very close o imitate the parents fanning the eggs.
Are you keeping an air stone ( or using some other type current producer) to keep them oxygenized?
Maybe you removed it just for the photo?

Above I have the air stone, and influent from a pump, seeing water in constant motion near eggs and wrigglers.
Below a different spawn, I was able to transfer to a breeder box.

Although the air tube isn't visible in the shot, its there, and is used throughout and into the wriggler, and free swimming stage.

In the case below, tank influent was used, but without an air stone, dripping over the eggs.

In the end without the air stone close by, they didn't hatch

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store