How to price clown loaches

Goonie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Northern Virginia
I have a dozen or more from 3.5 in he's all the way to 7ish inches, what should I price the group at most are around 4 to 5 inches

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
In my area juvenile Clown Loaches vary in price between $10 - $20 a piece, depending on which store.
The fish prices in my area are generally cheaper than in most parts of the U.S.
Currently fish prices are sky high as compared to past years.

Reactions: deeda and tlindsey

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
500 is the low end of what they really are worth as a group of 12 plus individuals. Nothing less than 500 for the entire group its already a steal at 41 apeice for 4-5 inchers with some 7 inch loaches based off 12 pieces.

My LFS sells 3 inches at 25 bucks and 4-5 inchers sell like hotcakes for 50-75 a piece at that LFS. No sellers sit long on bigger loaches.

Dont price them at 400 because you will get flippers profitting off your hard work.

Goonie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Northern Virginia
Perfect ty sir

500 is the low end of what they really are worth as a group of 12 plus individuals. Nothing less than 500 for the entire group its already a steal at 41 apeice for 4-5 inchers with some 7 inch loaches based off 12 pieces.

My LFS sells 3 inches at 25 bucks and 4-5 inchers sell like hotcakes for 50-75 a piece at that LFS. No sellers sit long on bigger loaches.

Dont price them at 400 because you will get flippers profitting off your hard work.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
Bear in mind that only smaller size clowns can be exported from the wild. There are some farming operations using hormones. But the big ones must be purchased from somebody who has had them a long time. My oldest clowns are over 20 years. I got them at almost 4 in. TL about 18 years ago. I have bough big one at 6-7 inches for close to $200 each.

You may find it both easier and more profitable not to sell them as a group. I would sell the big ones individually and the smaller ones in groups. Some folks may actualy want an assortment of sizes. Clown groups develop a pecking irder. Normally based on size. When the larger ones are similar size they will fight for dominance more than when they all know their place in the group, One of the best things I ever saw happen in my group is when one of the mid-sised guys went after one of the smaller fish. The biggest one stepped in the protect the youngster. Sure taught somebody a lesson that day :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store