How To Reverse Lookup An Image

Lusus_Naturae

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2010
OK, USA
Let me add using www.tineye.com as well. You can use this website either by uploading the photo you have saved or by pasting the link to the photo itself. It can't find everything but it finds quite a bit.

ZOO YORK 207

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Frederick, MD
If you have google pulled up already, all you need to do (if you have Google Chrome) is click the picture, and drag it over to the Google search bar. Works the same as copying the URL.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
This will save a ton of people! Especially with the black rays! Sticky for sure.

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I didn't know that. Thanks for the bump, very useful.

Kivstev

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
Tineye has gone downhill IMO. Google reverse image search is much more useful and comprehensive. I use a Firefox addon which lets me search an image with two clicks.

moray eel man

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2016
Michigan
Reverse image lookup can be very helpful in many cases. For example if you are thinking of purchasing a fish online and the seller has provided you with an image, you might want to know whether this is the seller's image of actual stock or a stolen image from the internet. There is a very simple way to find out!

For instructional purposes, I will use my image of one of my Blood Parrots (omg gross right?!?) because it has been posted in several locations on the internet.

1. Right click on the image and select "Copy Image URL", "Copy Link Location", "Image Address" depending on the browser you are using. You can also save the image to your computer.

View attachment 766283

2. Goto Google Images http://www.google.com/imghp and click on the camera icon on the search bar.

View attachment 766287

3. Now you can either paste the image URL or upload the picture.

View attachment 766288

4. Click the search button. You will be presented with various pages and images. Look for the section that says "Pages that include matching images".

View attachment 766289

As you can see my image has had several hits. The first two links are to care sheets I wrote on Blood Parrots. Interestingly, the third link is to a foreign page where someone has used my image in their sale.

View attachment 766290

See its just that easy to look up an image's history. So if you are questioning the legitimacy of a sale, this will help in determining it.

View attachment 766283

View attachment 766287

View attachment 766288

View attachment 766289

View attachment 766290

Also people can screen shot them and then post the pic and it will only show up as there pic

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store