How to waterproof a plywood aquarium

Robotica72

Feeder Fish
Jun 5, 2013
Buffalo
Im hoping someone can help me - I built a Plywood pond and I went with Pond armor (I used 3/4" Plywood and the floor is concrete backer) - I bought the 1.5qt from them and it took the entire the product to do the first coat and even then I have about 10% left to do (for the first coat). So now I need another order and another $90 with shipping. That product doesn't cover what it says - but that's neither here nor there - What Im hoping is someone can help me as an alternative to Pond Armor so I can get this project completed - I have the seems done with fiberglass mat and I really wanted the thick layer of Pond Armor to cover them, but now its principle - What would be good to finish the job????

marinerules

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
paragould arkansas
As far as the liquid rubbers go?

If I was to build my aquarium like black tips 1700 gallon shark tank but only have it 4 feet tall

If I decided to use zalvar or the other liquid rubber. Is there a need to fiberglass ect. I'd like to stay away from it.

If liquid rubber can flex ect maybe just drywall tale the seams and then coat with rubber?

Black tips tank was but with good bracing with the 4x4 ext

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Marinerules... I might have to retract my 1 inch statement on window thickness... it might work, but is probably not ideal. You might want to do your own home work on the proper thickness based on what you're planning to build.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store