Hows my set up .Very new too chiclids

-Die4U-

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2019
Yes .I know gotta get the plugs in . Yes I drilled holes threw the wood top . So if I wanted to run a sump later I wouldnt have to take the tank off .

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not going to comment on the stands. Lol.
While the deco is not my style I think you will be fine. The underwater gallery rocks and the other caves will be much appreciated by the mbuna. I have not kept Kenyi but labs are pretty easy. You have plenty of structure. I assume you made sure everything was stable as your cichlids will do a good bit of digging.

-Die4U-

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2019
So now that were done making fun of my stand I hope . Any advice on what's going on inside my tank . I read overstocking Mbuna Is better . Or are mine Malawi . I'm reading through the forum trying to learn .thanks for any help anyone can give .

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I think it's going to be wonderful and you're going to watch the same kind of social squabbles you would have seen in any 1930s tenement.

But don't you think for one minute we're done making fun of your stands! ;)

I just spent over $210 for one board for my new stand!

It's a big board.....

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So now that were done making fun of my stand I hope . Any advice on what's going on inside my tank . I read overstocking Mbuna Is better . Or are mine Malawi . I'm reading through the forum trying to learn .thanks for any help anyone can give .

Welcome aboard

james99 james99
RD. RD.

Reactions: Matteus

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Okay I'm going to be serious here for a minute. I think you should build a new stand from scratch and put the 55 gallon tank underneath it as a sump plugged into those beautiful overflows in your big tank.

If you have a circular saw and a drill motor you can build a sturdy enough stand out of two-by-fours for $50. It will just be a bare framework, but later you can dress it up by covering the outside with plywood or tile or pretty cloth or anything you like.

Reactions: Jexnell

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
As I said yellow labs are fairly docile mbuna and are very easy to keep. Mind me asking where your came from? Difficult to tell from the pictures but are your sure they are pure labs? If they are cross bred temperaments can be difficult to gauge. I would say you are probably at max stocking on a 125 and may even have to remove some as they mature.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store