How's this for a piece of driftwood.

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
Finally got around to re doing the girlfriends 150. She's been holding onto this piece of driftwood for two or three years now, just wanted to show it off.
uploadfromtaptalk1402689966763.jpg

Took one with the camera flash. I thought it was a cool pic, especially seeing the reflection from all of the fish eyes lol.
uploadfromtaptalk1402690009736.jpg
Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Holy $?&! that's a nice a gigantic piece of driftwood! Looks more like an entire tree :). Where's you get that monster?

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
Holy $?&! that's a nice a gigantic piece of driftwood! Looks more like an entire tree :). Where's you get that monster?
Lol, she found it floating in the middle if Pymatuming lake a few years back. And that's what's left after she cut off what she knew wouldn't fit into the tank.

It's large enough that it blocks out like 25 percent of the lights. It's a good look though and the silver dollars seem to enjoy it much more than the previous set up which in hindsight, was way to bright.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Holly, blocks out 25% of the light and 75% of the water Lol

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Lol, she found it floating in the middle if Pymatuming lake a few years back. And that's what's left after she cut off what she knew wouldn't fit into the tank.

It's large enough that it blocks out like 25 percent of the lights. It's a good look though and the silver dollars seem to enjoy it much more than the previous set up which in hindsight, was way to bright.

Time to take me a diving trip to Pymatuming. I've seen some big driftwood there while fishing but nothing that big, imagine how big the submerged stuff might be :D

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
Holly, blocks out 25% of the light and 75% of the water Lol
Yeah, if I had to guess, she lost about 25 gallons of water with it lol. It's what she wanted tho.

jmai86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Is your tank on CASTERS????! How.. can they be strong enough..

Also, very nice tank. That piece of wood would cost hundreds at the LFS.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Noticed those casters too

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
Is your tank on CASTERS????! How.. can they be strong enough..

Also, very nice tank. That piece of wood would cost hundreds at the LFS.
Noticed those casters too
Yes. The stand that was built for.it was built on 8 caster wheels. It's been on that stand for close to ten years now. I know what everyone is thinking, I'm baffled as well lol.

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
I've seen some mighty heavy tool chests and equipment mounted on casters. Heavy duty casters aren't as rare as you might think if you know where to look. Just have to make sure they're attached properly. 8 industrial casters would spread the weight out pretty well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store