hows your bowfin doing?

chasingtime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
ny
saw a bunch of folks getting little bowfin and wanted to have a thread that was dedicated to following up on everyone and a place to share successes. my guys are doing good on bloodworms and guppies. i have them in a net style breeder floating in my 120...

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
well one of mine is doing great! Feeding on bloodworms and he took a couple guppies as well. He has definitely grown a substantial amount in only 2 weeks! The other is getting very skinny and is probably going to die within the next couple of days. I don't know what else to do, I tried getting some cut up beef heart but he doesn't even acknowledge that it is there :( Any suggestions? Also, do you have any pictures of yours?

PE4COCKB4SS4LYF

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Middle of No Where
Hey all
my little 2-3 incher is doing great. Caught him outta fl about a week and a half ago. Doin good, not shy at all, feeding outta my hand on guppies and tilapia filets. You can see him in this months POTM contest., Hes #8!

chasingtime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
ny
i would make sure the skinny one is alone in a net style breeder with bloodworms every six hours. make sure its a low light low traffic situation...

chasingtime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
ny
a net style breeder is only a few bucks and fits inside your aquarium in case you thought i was talking about something elaborate...

manlyfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
michigan
i just caught one in a lake it was a good size too hes getting a little chubby so i had put him on a diet of only 1 bluegill every other day since fish are cold blooded they dont have to eat as much as us but once i get him into the jumbo tank he'll be able to grow instead of get fat

chasingtime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
ny
manlyfish;4054877; said:
i just caught one in a lake it was a good size too hes getting a little chubby so i had put him on a diet of only 1 bluegill every other day since fish are cold blooded they dont have to eat as much as us but once i get him into the jumbo tank he'll be able to grow instead of get fat
pics!!!

PE4COCKB4SS4LYF

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Middle of No Where
I 2nd that ^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store