HR 669 : CONGRESSIONAL HEARING BANNING NONNATIVE SPECIES APRIL 23, 2009 ACTION NEEDED

Stibnite

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Cholly;3569736; said:
Not only that, but there are some species that are no longer anywhere but aquariums. What would happen to them? People would either be breaking the law to breed them or by the time provisions were made for them the breeding stock would either be too old or dead.

This, this, a thousand times this!!!

I'm not giving up my endangered Paretroplus species tank. They'll have to pry them from my tax-paying hands.

True hobbyists are not just in this for "our entertainment" alone, but we serve indirect purposes far greater to our aquatic environments.

I will oppose this bill and any future bill like it until the day I rest eternally.

jack-knife

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2009
Underwater
Stibnite;3582719; said:
This, this, a thousand times this!!!

I'm not giving up my endangered Paretroplus species tank. They'll have to pry them from my tax-paying hands.

True hobbyists are not just in this for "our entertainment" alone, but we serve indirect purposes far greater to our aquatic environments.

I will oppose this bill and any future bill like it until the day I rest eternally.
Im with ya there man

Alhazred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2009
California
Did i read the bill right when it says that species on the

we dont have enought info to ban it list (undecided list)

get treated as if they are on the

we have enough information to make a flimsy excuse to ban it list (banned list)

what is the point of the undecided list if it acts exactly like the banned list. This is so stupid they ban every species ever created from import and breeding unless it is on their list... god i really hope they make sure to include cows on the approved list i would hate to have beef outlawed.

Planetnicolas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2010
USA NJ
this is irritating. the people who come up with these bills should do more extensive studies on the wildlife the likely hood of it becoming established. like the snake head rocky from new york which I believe was taken away from its owner because of a similar law even thought rocky was a species of snake head that had no chance of establishing itself in New york because it required warm water.

I believe they should revise and amend their existing laws before prohibiting more species that could have no impact.

more money should be put into studies done on invasive species. like the pythons in Florida they barely cause any harm because they are filling the ecological niche that was left behind by bobcats and other predatory animals which are now endangered or extinct in certain regions.

if they must go thru with this is would be a shame that many of us responsible keepers would have to suffer because someone bought. a fish got tired of it and tossed or bought a pacu with out realizing it would outgrow their goldfish bowl.

I strongly oppose this bill what harm could any of my animals do when they are in the comfort of their aquariums sleeping and eating.

if they are going to start banning fish and iguanas and what not they should ban horses cows goats chickens and oranges they are all noon native and well established

Plantedtank12

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2010
United States
Man our stupid government is falling apart. First health care now this! I'm only 12 but I pay attention enough to know that senators and congressman are the most sellf absorbed people this world can offer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store