HR669 ban on importation of many animals, including fish! PETITION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
I'm not even reading whatever this has to do with but can very well say I have been stating for many years now that this was on it's way.. Congrats you all just got what was coming to you for the years and years and years of neglect on the issue of Illegal fish keeping and lack of any serious effort to curb intentional release of exotic and potentially invasive species.. You all remained totally complacent even though it has been said for a long time to speak up and get responsible...

You all fail....now welcome your new Big brother that is going to take you right up the Butt and then some...

All I personally am going to do is laugh my butt off as you all sat there for years and years never listening and now your day has come...

Given what I have seen over the years I'm all for this bill... And I really hope it passes...

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Acestro;2980074; said:
LOL, awesome posts Poly.

You do have good points too, although most folks will mindlessly rebel against such thought. USFWS cant I.D. stuff for crap, so it was either self regulation or this kind of bill. Hopefully we get another shot to self regulate and learn from this.

This bill is really heavy handed and clumsy, but all of the illegal piranha and snakehead and alligator and turtle threads (etc. etc.) that I've seen over the years really makes me have less sympathy as well.
I have been stating for years the need for self regulation and to make the hobby regulate itself before the need for the government to step in. The hobby never responded and always just took it as a joke with the seriousness of this issue. Well here is what you get for your actions and it is what you deserve for them.. An MFK petition is not going to say much all.. one only needs to look at this sites archive and there is more than enough ammo that provides reasons for it than against it...This is quite sad but very true... MFK has always been beyond complacent on these issues and to now start saying something is beyond hypocritical..

You have always had the chance but pissed it away in more ways than one.. Really you have lost your voice...

Terri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2007
Chantilly, VA
Terri Vance
Oppossed to HR 669!
span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store