Huge Arowana

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
good question, I just found it on youtube. The tank does look familiar though...

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
wow! and just a bit of drop-eye at that size! they must be very well taken cared of!

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
doesn't it look like it has a problem in it's spine though?

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
wow there all huge

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Those are super huge silvers!! They are total beauty if you ask me. Silvers in my house got more attention from me than the rest of the asia aros.

patty-pat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2008
Virginia
dude that it legit

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
Koji;1828450; said:
Those are super huge silvers!! They are total beauty if you ask me. Silvers in my house got more attention from me than the rest of the asia aros.
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Asian arowana colors are unmatched in beauty, splendor, and awe-inspiration. But the silver and black arowana's sleek, slender, serpentine body and swimming style makes them much more attractive to me than asians. What awesome fish :drool:

JBarlak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
Davie, Florida
yup what onion said. the first one looks like it had a slightly droopy right eye. No biggie. Such a beautiful animal. BiG Al's in Tamarac Florida has a rather large Arowana in their freshwater display tank. I will try to get some video of it tomorrow.

Brian Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2008
Wood River Illinois
Those are huge that one sure is fat. About 20 years ago I saw a documentary on National Geographic or Discovery about arowanas. I sure wish I knew where to find that. They had arowanas swimming in the rainforest and jumping into the trees to eat. They were all as big as canoes.

BaTsBR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
Brasil
those are really big monsters.
the first one lools like , someway, deformed in the spine. maybe just grow too much.
that makes me think, is it possible to find BIGGER aros like this in the nature ?? Never heard of such big aro beeing caught in fishing.
and I really like your point of view Onion. Don't have and never seen an asian before (just in vids) so can't really compare, but i ssure lost some time waching my silver eat and swim

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store