Humane way to end suffering Tang's life

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
azcummins;1897486; said:
Here's a picture of the guy. No fins, lots of missing scales, but a big appetite.

Thats actually a severe case of Head Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE)..

The point that the appetite is big, is a huge positive sign. Due to how far gone the HLLE is on this fish, it will not return to its full beauty, and will always show difformaty, however, as long as water is prestine, a good stable diet of vit laden foods are provided, should recover well...

And....hmmmmmm.....something looks familiar about this fish / tank....

Please do read more here....
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/sp/index.php

azcummins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Texas!
Reefscape;1902392; said:
Thats actually a severe case of Head Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE)..

The point that the appetite is big, is a huge positive sign. Due to how far gone the HLLE is on this fish, it will not return to its full beauty, and will always show difformaty, however, as long as water is prestine, a good stable diet of vit laden foods are provided, should recover well...

And....hmmmmmm.....something looks familiar about this fish / tank....

Please do read more here....
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/sp/index.php
Well he is eating like a crazy man. When I put in algae in the tank on a veggie clip he eats the whole 2"x3" piece in about 3 hrs. I also added a HOB refugium with miracle mud to see if that will help the HLLE as the article said there is some evidence that miracle mud will help that disease.

The funniest thing is that I transported this tank last Sunday and once I got it setup again, the nitrates spiked to 100. I did a 50% water change and they are SLOWLY dropping - 5 days later the nitrates are around 95 (woohoo!), but everything in the tank (tang, clown, dottyback, hermit crabs, sea urchin) are happy as can be. They are eating, swimming around, etc. Everything I've read about nitrates says that all inhabitants of my tank should be dead right now.

gotsnow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
motor city
keep the lights off for a day er two, sounds like he is stressed out big time. if a fish is past point of no return i put em in a net and wack em on the work bench. its fast, but i still hate to do it.

saltydunc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2007
dundee scotland
in the name of the wee man....that tangs in bad shape....happy to hear hes making progress....yellow tangs are hardy guys so if you keep the water good and give him the proper diet with plenty greens..he should pull through....keep the updates coming please.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store