Hy guys thanks for any responses to my first thread i thank you somuch, and it s my second threads i hope for any advices

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I do have a nile puffer. Tank is to small for an adult African arowana. It would be an ok tank for a juvenile. You could keep most upper jaw bichirs in that for life. Palmas, polli, senegal, delhezi. Lower jaws would get to big as well. If you have a much larger tank available more of those fish would be acceptable. Here is a video link from a well respected fish keeper/author about the African arowana. It's short but gives a good look at some of their requirements.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/how-to-care-for-african-arowana.694939/.
Hope this helps a bit.

Oriafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
I do have a nile puffer. Tank is to small for an adult African arowana. It would be an ok tank for a juvenile. You could keep most upper jaw bichirs in that for life. Palmas, polli, senegal, delhezi. Lower jaws would get to big as well. If you have a much larger tank available more of those fish would be acceptable. Here is a video link from a well respected fish keeper/author about the African arowana. It's short but gives a good look at some of their requirements.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/how-to-care-for-african-arowana.694939/.
Hope this helps a bit.
Ornate bichir ? R recomended fish ?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Ornate bichir ? R recomended fish ?
Well assuming they hit their potential no. A good "rule" to follow when deciding on fish for a tank is total adult length × 4 for length of tank and 1.5-2 × the width of the tank. That doesn't apply to every fish or fish tank but gives a decent idea of what is recommended. Basically following that will/should keep you and your fish happy. As long as maintenance is appropriate. The 4× length has the most leeway, for most fish it can be less. But the width is imo a minimum, the fish needs to be able to turn around a 50cm fish in a 50cm tank doesn't allow that.

Oriafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Well assuming they hit their potential no. A good "rule" to follow when deciding on fish for a tank is total adult length × 4 for length of tank and 1.5-2 × the width of the tank. That doesn't apply to every fish or fish tank but gives a decent idea of what is recommended. Basically following that will/should keep you and your fish happy. As long as maintenance is appropriate. The 4× length has the most leeway, for most fish it can be less. But the width is imo a minimum, the fish needs to be able to turn around a 50cm fish in a 50cm tank doesn't allow that.
Its very hard if i must to be hit their maximum potential ?

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Its very hard if i must to be hit their maximum potential ?
That's why I posted the "smaller" ujs. That's all the bichirs I keep along with a moke also smaller uj and ropefish. Currently they live in a 300g pond. I don't think a 20"+ fish looks or is right in a 24" wide tank. It's simply not fair to the animal.

Oriafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
That's why I posted the "smaller" ujs. That's all the bichirs I keep along with a moke also smaller uj and ropefish. Currently they live in a 300g pond. I don't think a 20"+ fish looks or is right in a 24" wide tank. It's simply not fair to the animal.
R u have a photos for ropefish ?

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
Out of the list of things you want with that tank size either a fahaka alone or a group of bichirs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store