Hybrid snappers... It's possible!

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Why Chubby,are they not available in your area?
These are actually one of only a handful of animals that are illegal around here because apparently some got loose in the 90's and people were fussing just like they did in the US with snakeheads :(

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
These are actually one of only a handful of animals that are illegal around here because apparently some got loose in the 90's and people were fussing just like they did in the US with snakeheads :(
Oh,sorry for ya bud.

TroyMIfishkeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Troy, Michigan USA
I have a hard time believing it is a hybrid. It's head looks a lot like a South American snapper to me.
I suppose so but to me the carapace is a dead giveaway. Plus the tail seems thinner with smaller osteoderms like an AST.
From my understanding all the CST subspecies' only significant difference is a variation in color and patterning, with the exception of Florida snappers having those tubercle things or whatever you call them.
Just in case though... Can anyone provide accurate photos of all the CST subspecies? It's difficult to find credible sources and I definitely don't trust google images.
Nice reference btw predatorkeeper XD I was waiting for someone to say that

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I suppose so but to me the carapace is a dead giveaway. Plus the tail seems thinner with smaller osteoderms like an AST.
From my understanding all the CST subspecies' only significant difference is a variation in color and patterning, with the exception of Florida snappers having those tubercle things or whatever you call them.
Just in case though... Can anyone provide accurate photos of all the CST subspecies? It's difficult to find credible sources and I definitely don't trust google images.
Nice reference btw predatorkeeper XD I was waiting for someone to say that
I'm mostly here for the comedic relief, no worries.

Reactions: Frank Castle

TroyMIfishkeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Troy, Michigan USA
Just in case anyone is wondering... This is the hatchling I plan to buy from him. Now this one looks more like an alligator snapper to me, but not completely. Then again, it's much more difficult to distinguish the two at this size.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store