Hydrocynus forskahlii question

Leonardo_CH

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2022
Switzerland
Has anybody ever successfully kept a FATF long term?
Considering they stay smaller you would expect people to be more successful with them compared to the larger species but I dont think I have ever heard of anybody having anything bigger than a 6' FATF, is it because they are harder to care for or because they are simply a bit too rare in the hobby for many people to have a go at them?

Reactions: Ash_water

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
I have a Forsk that I have had since November now. It has grown from about 5" to 7.5" and much deeper in that time.

If you check out the other characins section on the forum you will see more posts on there

Leonardo_CH

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2022
Switzerland
I have a Forsk that I have had since November now. It has grown from about 5" to 7.5" and much deeper in that time.

If you check out the other characins section on the forum you will see more posts on there
That's some nice growth, he also looks very healthy.
Did you buy it as a forskahlii or did you id it as such after you bought it? I havent seen many for sale in recent years.

Reactions: Simonas

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
That's some nice growth, he also looks very healthy.
Did you buy it as a forskahlii or did you id it as such after you bought it? I havent seen many for sale in recent years.
cheers bud

Bought as a Vittatus but as its grown particulaly the tail fin I have become aware its a FATF

A place in the UK gets them in from time to time a friend got 2 Vitts and a goliath yesterday from same company

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
cheers bud

Bought as a Vittatus but as its grown particulaly the tail fin I have become aware its a FATF

A place in the UK gets them in from time to time a friend got 2 Vitts and a goliath yesterday from same company
Hi. Interesting thread. I also believe I have a Forskahlii which I first got as a VATF.
I badly need you to upload some pics or videos cuz I really wanna see your fish. I'll upload some pics or a video link if my fish as well .

couple of years back I had a FATF which grew to around 8 inch ish but took some time and patience to get there. I'm still not 100% convinced that my fish is FATF.

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
Hi. Interesting thread. I also believe I have a Forskahlii which I first got as a VATF.
I badly need you to upload some pics or videos cuz I really wanna see your fish. I'll upload some pics or a video link if my fish as well .

couple of years back I had a FATF which grew to around 8 inch ish but took some time and patience to get there. I'm still not 100% convinced that my fish is FATF.
Found the pics. I have previously seen it 👍🏼

Reactions: Simonas
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store