I Got An H

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I got a couple of new IT from the LFS. They just had a small batch of four bars in, so I chose the two biggest, about an inch and half.

They are in a temporary grow out partition of my medium tank. Much too small to put in the large tank. But they do have a captive source of ghost shrimp, and I think after just four days they are growing.

The best thing, the bigger of the two is an H bar.

IMG_20240526_204552.jpg

IMG_20240526_204615.jpg

IMG_20240526_204640.jpg

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
So...an H-bar is a good thing, right? :) Good-looking fish!

Nowadays, it seems that so many of the things that we once considered genetic flaws and defects are now highly sought-after traits that demand top dollar, even if they if they bring with them survivability and longevity issues. Short bodies...deformed mouths...bent spines...all these things were once grouped together under the general heading of "culls"....but today those flaws are selling points!

I was half expecting to read that a harmless and distinctive marking like the H-bar might today be considered a negative....:)

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Short bodies...deformed mouths...bent spines...
No, no. I don't go for any of those.

Clean three bar and clean four bar seem to be in highest demand. But I prefer something quirky, something that does not fit into what is fashionable or desirable. (You should see me!)

And the best thing or the worst thing (depending on fashion and desire), it is only an H on one side.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No, no. I don't go for any of those.

Clean three bar and clean four bar seem to be in highest demand. But I prefer something quirky, something that does not fit into what is fashionable or desirable. (You should see me!)

And the best thing or the worst thing (depending on fashion and desire), it is only an H on one side.
Agreed,same here.I don't go for any type of body deformities in dats or any other fish but I certainly don't mind an odd looking stripe pattern.....nice find.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I got a couple of new IT from the LFS. They just had a small batch of four bars in, so I chose the two biggest, about an inch and half.

They are in a temporary grow out partition of my medium tank. Much too small to put in the large tank. But they do have a captive source of ghost shrimp, and I think after just four days they are growing.

The best thing, the bigger of the two is an H bar.

View attachment 1543063

View attachment 1543064

View attachment 1543065
Nice unique pattern.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store