I got CRABS!

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
I went to check out some fish stores today looking for some African Cichlids I want... and in one of the stores I noticed these little freshwater Red Crabs! Got two of them!

They are cheap and awesome! I am so happy!

*runs to play with his crabs*

:grinyes:

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
They cost 1.99 at PetsMart. They are the member title here for members with 10-19 posts. I have lost untold dozens of them, either by having them crawl out of the tank or by my cichlids tearing them apart.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
piranha45 said:
They cost 1.99 at PetsMart. They are the member title here for members with 10-19 posts. I have lost untold dozens of them, either by having them crawl out of the tank or by my cichlids tearing them apart.
Them crawling out is a common thing? I will need to move some of the plants from the sides of the tank since I dont have a cover on that tank!

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
nice little crabys

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
They are amphibious by nature, AND brackish-watered. Ideally, they should be kept in an environment where they can crawl out of water when desired, and the water should be brackish.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
piranha45 said:
They are amphibious by nature, AND brackish-watered. Ideally, they should be kept in an environment where they can crawl out of water when desired, and the water should be brackish.
Brakish?! The son of a ***** guy lied to me! :swear:

I guess Ill move them into this empty 5.5 gallon I got... :cry:

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
I've yet to hear of a LFS that's actually kept them in brackish water, dont blame the salesguy, he more than likely didn't know himself. I never bothered to keep any of my specimens in brackish water either.

A 5.5g with a good lid would be a fine environment for the crabs-- especially since its so easily covered, it would better prevent them from crawling out to their dooms.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
piranha45 said:
I've yet to hear of a LFS that's actually kept them in brackish water, dont blame the salesguy, he more than likely didn't know himself. I never bothered to keep any of my specimens in brackish water either.

A 5.5g with a good lid would be a fine environment for the crabs-- especially since its so easily covered, it would better prevent them from crawling out to their dooms.
... store owner was the one who sold me the crab.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store