I HATE to Cull Fish!! What would you do?

What would you do with a deformed growout??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
Personally, I'd try to pass it off to a hobbyist who doesn't mind that sort of thing, but failing all else I'd cull it.

I'd also like to see a photo of the fish.

Hey ShadowStryder, how's that argentea I shipped you from Conkel stock? Mine is about 7" and I think female (doh). I need to find a male.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Ive kept deformed fish for life in the past.The fish i get now all come from reputable breeders or at auctions so it hasnt happened recently.If i notice a deformed fry from one of my breeders ill feed it to another fish.I had a shortbody panda guppy but Im not sure if its still in there theres so many in the tank.

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I've gotten rid of fish that had imperfections before and i always regret it. I no longer do that so i would have to say keep the fish and give it a good home because no one else is going to want it and it will just get passed around alot till it dies.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Seems there are always ways to find homes for most fish, Unless it was small enough to use as a feeder I would either give it or find it a home.

PoopSmart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
mars
I have a one eyed blood parrot. He is one of my favorite fish. He is in a 29 gallon with a leaf fish, and they are buddies. I originally didn't want him because his eye was totally gone, but I decided to just keep him. He is an orange yellow dolor, and he was brown when I got him. Everyone said he would die, but I jsut feed him some tubifex worms cause they don;t move, or I drop african cichlid attack pellets on a little ceramic dish I made in ceramics for him to eat off of.

His name is Fsh...You know 'cause he's a fish without an eye?...

duke33

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2007
WV
PoopSmart;1485830; said:
I have a one eyed blood parrot. He is one of my favorite fish. He is in a 29 gallon with a leaf fish, and they are buddies. I originally didn't want him because his eye was totally gone, but I decided to just keep him. He is an orange yellow dolor, and he was brown when I got him. Everyone said he would die, but I jsut feed him some tubifex worms cause they don;t move, or I drop african cichlid attack pellets on a little ceramic dish I made in ceramics for him to eat off of.

That's cool.:)

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
if it cant do anything then it should be culled but it it can live just not perfect looking than you should keep it, its been through enough already.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
PoopSmart;1485830; said:

How sweet..good for you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store