I have some questions about the JARDINI..

kopo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
Fuzzy Land
Hi everyone i just got an JARDINI fry( about 2") 2 days ago and i have some think that i want to know about the JARDINI.
How much time does it take for my 2" JARDINI to reach 10"?
I heard that the JARDINI can't be keep with another tankmate when they reach 10" but still i have seen some picture that show serveral JARDINI living together ( all of them are bigger than 10"). So i want to know that the JARDINI can live together with the same specie or not?:)

shiv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2006
india
Been there ..........done that .............and failed.

All the Best for you though.

Always keep trying.........if you can afford the cost.

shiv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2006
india
Sorry to add in my previous mail that it took my fish to reach about six months to reach 10 inch length.

kopo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
Fuzzy Land
Thanks for you guys!

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
I would not recommend keeping jardini arowanas with other jardini arowanas. The will live with other fish species though. I had an 18 inch jardini with a 26 inch Silver for about 7 years in a 250 gallon as well as with some other South American and Southeast Asian species.

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
Arowana1;3624376; said:
I would not recommend keeping jardini arowanas with other jardini arowanas. The will live with other fish species though. I had an 18 inch jardini with a 26 inch Silver for about 7 years in a 250 gallon as well as with some other South American and Southeast Asian fish.
They usually do NOT live with other fish species NOR with their own species. Its just that you have a calm jar...

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Possible it also depend who your Jardini tank mates are. I had a school of about 7 adult tinfoil barbs that the Jardini schooled with and really calmed him down. Similar to my African Tiger Fish schooling with a school of red hook pacus, totally made him not that aggressive.

Brian Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2008
Wood River Illinois
My Jardini grew to about 10 in 6 months also. He lived with several fish until 2 months ago. A few weeks ago I took the 2 6inch bichirs out. I just didn't like the way he followed them around all of a sudden. Last week I had a tank start leaking and had to put a 8 inch Jack Dempsey in with him. They were ok for about 5 minutes. I walked back in and the Jack was trying to become one with the filter tube and shaking. I had to set up another tank in about 10 minutes to move him. The Jardini is a wonderful fish I love him more than all the Silvers I had in the past. The Jardini is definitely a Monster.

kopo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
Fuzzy Land
sigh..........may be i shouldn't try to put it with another tankmate then. Anyways thanks again for your replies.

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Yeah I thought I had a calm jardini till I bought a new fish and he just didn't take to him real well. After that he turned on all of them, not killing them, but just following them and nipping them.
If I didn't get rid of him he would of for sure killed the new guy at the least.
Stick with plecos only:D.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store