i knew this day would come

clownie33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2010
maryland
i knew this eventually would probably happen but anyways i have 3 clown knives that are 12-14 inches long and they are starting to fight on occasion they have even spilt each others feathers on the top of the body i was just wondering if anbody could tell me how to keep them from fighting or at least minimize it i don't want to have to rehome them or 2 of them they are in a 250 gallon tank so they should have enough space but i guess they seem to think that they dont

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Do they have enough places to hide? Maybe go buy some slate and make some caves and what not.

BODYDUB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2009
Killeen
A 250G is big, but for 3 foot long CKs with hardly any cover of any sort will cause them to become a territorial.........

clownie33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2010
maryland
yeah i built a couple of huge caves out of slate and the other thing is i don't see why they wouldn't have room right now because the biggest is only 14 inches the middle is 12 and the smaller is about ten so idk why they are fighting does anybody know how well their top feathers will heal after being split

Valous

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2009
Elkton,md
clownie33 i am not positive if they will heal, but if i had a guess i would say yes. as long as your water is clean and keep up with the water changes so they don't get fin rot. that would be my guess, but I consider myself a noob still. BTW what part of maryland to you live in?

clownie33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2010
maryland
i'm down by solomons islands i'm stationed at nas patuxent river why do you ask ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store