I love red terrors

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
They are my new favourite cichlid.

I'm not really a cichlid guy, but given that I am in a non fishkeepig country, cichlids were the only decent fish I could get (still with difficulty).

My favourite cichlids used to be pbass, then oscars, but having owned a male festae for a few months, I like them the best.

Pbass are amazing feeders, really one of the best. So hungry and so fast, but compared to some cichlids they are slightly vacant. Lacking in personality a bit.

My red terror at only 3 inches is one of my least spectacular looking fish, but he is just very funny, with a lot of character.

Very active, very curious, and clever/cunning/mischievous.

Since he was just over an inch he's been in with a 1 foot clarias, a 9 inch bichir, and in the last few months a 9 inch papyrocranus afer, and he's always fine, unscathed. He's incredibly quick, and he sleeps behind a powerhead where the other fish can't get him, they are too big.

At 3 inches he's already started picking on my 6 inch dempsey, who used to run the tank, and if my 8/9 inch oscar ever bullies him, he'll sometimes get a cheap shot in from behind :D :D

He's just an all round highly entertaning and personable fish.

To any cichlids fans who haven't kept a festae, I highly recommend them. He's one of my favourite fish. And this is coming from someone who wasn't a real cichlid fan before.

beex215

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
usa
indeed they are nice looking

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store