I need help regarding my flowerhorn fish

beaniethegoodestboi

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2020
I'm new to having a flowerhorn fish. I've noticed lately that there's this lump on the right side of his body, just above the tail. What's odd is that the left side of his body seems normal and doesn't have this lump. I don't know what it is, if it's normal or deadly, I'm really worried i hope someone could help me.

IMG_20200327_192022897~2.jpg

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
The picture you posted doesn't really show this lump you are describing. Can you post a clearer picture? But if I was trying to help you based on what you have said you are seeing it could be small tumor. If your fish is behaving, swimming, and eating normally then I wouldn't be terribly worried.

beaniethegoodestboi

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2020
I wasn't able to get a clearer picture because he keeps on swimming back and forth, but just like what you said, there's nothing wrong about his behavior, and the way he eats is normal too. I was just really worried about that lump on his tail. Someone told me too that my fish might've been injured when it was little and that i shouldn't worry about it.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
I doubt it is an injury from when he was little. Injuries to the fins can often cause permanent disfigurement. But injuries to the body often heal and go away. Did this lump appear recently? Or has he always had it?

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I’m sorry about your fish and sorry I am most likely not offering any valuable information.

im not speaking from experience or knowledge and what I say might not have any bearing on your situation and may not even be relevant or have any truth to it. I am only mentioning it so that if your interested enough you can peruse more info through additional research.

I was on a fb (that’s how reliable this is) page that is for bettas and someone posted a similar picture with a betta that had this protrusion near the base of his tail and only on one side. One commenter mention something about it being the swim bladder organ and continued to say it is harmless and common.
Maybe this can be a jumping point for you? I don’t know?

hopefully someone chimes in with some more useful information.

beaniethegoodestboi

Feeder Fish
Mar 27, 2020
I asked my dad about it and he said that my fish already has that lump when he bought it, that's why he said that maybe it was because the fish was injured when it was little.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store