I NEED HELP!!!!!!

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
i know im in the prcess of making a 100 gallon pond but i might have to stop and take care of the retic
what are the demensions? try to make it way bigger if you can cause your arow and ck will get huge arow 3+feet about the same with the ck. and if your gettin motoros they get huge and need very big tanks. females get 24"+ males a little smaller.
as someone stated in your other thread i would go get a big rubbermaid tub or buy one of davidws peral of paradise ponds.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
hope it pulls through. retics are hard. and yea, you have a lot of fu=ish that are guna get big. retics only get to a foot though

Callisto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.raylady.com
If you're planning on keeping all of those fish for life, even the 100 gallon pond is not going to work. You will need at least a 180, although you would probably be fine with the 55 for a little while longer. I would recommend saving up for the larger tank or consider finding new homes for the fish.

Regarding the ray, it sounds like a burn. Do you have guards on your heaters? Conditions are probably cramped in the 55, so you will need to ensure that the heater is adequately covered and out of the ray's way.

KJP

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Cincinnati
If you're planning on keeping all of those fish for life, even the 100 gallon pond is not going to work. You will need at least a 180, although you would probably be fine with the 55 for a little while longer. I would recommend saving up for the larger tank or consider finding new homes for the fish.

Regarding the ray, it sounds like a burn. Do you have guards on your heaters? Conditions are probably cramped in the 55, so you will need to ensure that the heater is adequately covered and out of the ray's way.
I agree, you need to make sure the heater has a guard on it. Burns are common if not protected. he should heal up though if it is not that bad. Turn your lights off for a few days to relieve some of his stress. Also make sure the other fish are not picking on him.

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
i just hope you know how big all the fish you got will get. that 100 gallon pond wont last long at all espically if you plan on getting motoros its not wide enough. even a 180 wont be enough for all the fish you got now espically your rectic since they do only get a disc size of 12" but with there tail they are over 2 feet long when full grown. glad to hear that hes better

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store