I need help

fish buyer

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hello I have a 2gold fish 2 angelfish 2 senegal bichir and one albino shark it gets outcompeted by the goldfish in eating I feedknow them carnivore pellets its kimda expensive and I bought it for the shark so it could grow fast but the gold fish is eating most of it need suggestions

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello I have a 2gold fish 2 angelfish 2 senegal bichir and one albino shark it gets outcompeted by the goldfish in eating I feedknow them carnivore pellets its kimda expensive and I bought it for the shark so it could grow fast but the gold fish is eating most of it need suggestions
The only suggestion I have is place the Goldfish in another aquarium. You also have to be concerned about the Senegal Bichir getting enough to eat. It's not worth over feeding that will make water quality issues.

fish buyer

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2020
edit the goldfish kinda scares the shark by moving when eating the pellets the shark is still 4 inches the tank has gravel

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The only suggestion I have is place the Goldfish in another aquarium. You also have to be concerned about the Senegal Bichir getting enough to eat. It's not worth over feeding that will make water quality issues.
+1. I’d do what was suggested and separate the fish.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Beside separating them because the goldfish are gluttonous, and are not tropical fish (like the others)
Feeding goldfish carnivore pellets is a waste because goldfish are not carnivores, they are omnivores that will do better on a varied ingredient pellet made for omnivores, which is probably less expensive and better suited for their dietary needs.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
As you probably know, goldfish should not be kept with tropical fish. At raised temperatures they will be putting a huge load on your filter and Will very quickly outgrow any tropical tank, if not in size then in equivalent tropical fish load. Put the goldfish in an outdoor pond where they belong or do the best by them and pass them on to someone with a pond, then you can do the best by the fish you have or even get more.

Reactions: Zanzag
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store