I need some advice, please!

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Understandable. I think the best advice would be to find items similar to yours already for sale in you area. You might have to look at a 50+mile radius depending on where you live. And go from there.
You don't want to ask so much no one even bothers with your ad. But I get that you don't want to just give it all away either.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

wiegand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Understandable. I think the best advice would be to find items similar to yours already for sale in you area. You might have to look at a 50+mile radius depending on where you live. And go from there.
You don't want to ask so much no one even bothers with your ad. But I get that you don't want to just give it all away either.
Exactly. I wish someone else seen it like that! :rolleyes:
I haven't exactly had the time to go searching much. Only checked within a 15 mile radius so far. I have time now so I'm going to look. And to "Travis", I'm not hoping to aim high. Buy a new car off the lot and tell me how concerned you'd be about what not to ask for it 6 months later because of the depreciation.

I don't deal in the resale of aquarium equipment as much as some MFK folks do.

Thanks for the input (to everyone)!

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Exactly. I wish someone else seen it like that! :rolleyes:
I haven't exactly had the time to go searching much. Only checked within a 15 mile radius so far. I have time now so I'm going to look. And to "Travis", I'm not hoping to aim high. Buy a new car off the lot and tell me how concerned you'd be about what not to ask for it 6 months later because of the depreciation.

I don't deal in the resale of aquarium equipment as much as some MFK folks do.

Thanks for the input (to everyone)!
Well, then I don't understand your reasoning for bringing up how much a new 60 gallon, with a stand, without any other equipment, is priced at. I'm promise that I'm not trying to get you to settle for a super low price, I'm simply telling you what my honest opinion is on the price so that you can actually expect to sell it and not have it priced such that there is no interest in it. Honestly, I'm not alone with my recommendation either. I'm sure you noticed that many others are recommending very similar prices to what I have mentioned.

Now, it sounds like you paid $780 for everything in your setup and we are basically recommending that you sell it for somewhere in the $250-350 Canadian range. Unfortunately, unless you are lucky to find a buyer that really wants your setup, I think you are going to have to eat the loss.

I have well over $2000 into my 220 setup, and that was buying most of my stuff, including the tank and stand, used. However, if I had to put it up for sale tomorrow I would probably only look to get $750 out of it and I might not even get that.

Now, if you want to sell everything separately, you will probably make more money that way, but I still don't think you will be anywhere near what you paid for it all.

I'm sorry to bear bad news but unfortunately that is really the way buying and selling equipment in this hobby works.

Why are you selling your setup so soon after you got it?

Reactions: MrsE88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store