I setup a new Jellyfish tank.

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
Well the first jellies that I caught had tares in their bodies and the tares spread and they finally died but the second time I was lucky enough to have more to pic from and I choose very healthy ones. I had them for about 1 month or 5 weeks and I soon became board with them. When I dumped them back into the ocean. They were pumping along just as well as the day I caught them.

H20Boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2005
Hilton Head Island, SC
It’s one thing to say my napkin tumbled around it’s quit another to sustain life for a month.
I would say that qualifies as a success, I was just curious if they got infected or were showing sings of stress that is often the result of them bumping into each other or the walls of the tank.
Congratulations

fishyboi

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
HERE
My friend does jelly fish, and he said they do best in a circle tank and the circulation has to be rite. He spent a lot of money in his tank

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
Sorry, if my digital camera was working I would have posted lots. I have friends hitting me up for pics of my sharks all the time and they gave up on me. I gotta stop spending money on fish and invest in a new camera.

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
H20Boy;509512; said:
It’s one thing to say my napkin tumbled around it’s quit another to sustain life for a month.
I would say that qualifies as a success, I was just curious if they got infected or were showing sings of stress that is often the result of them bumping into each other or the walls of the tank.
Congratulations
There were no signs of stress that I could tell. With jellies it's hard to tell if they are happy. The main thing I went by was how often them pumped per minute. It always stayed at a steady cycle between 30-35 pumps per minute right up till the day I tossed em back.

Max

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2006
tn
How long did you keep them? Just curious I love jellies,hydriods etc. Do you think that they would have made it long term in that style of set up. I understand that you probably faced your powerheads into the corners but, how did you manage to achieve an equal flow ratio and avoid the jellies congragating in one area of the tank? How warm do the oceans off the Canadian east cost get in the summer?
sorry ,I'm curious

noreaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
New Brunswick
Justin_James;435601; said:
No, the Jellyfish im getting are not dangerous, They are called moon jellies and are native to this area. Well to tell you the truth there isn't much in our waters. ?
Arg ! I can't believe I just heard a maritimer say something like that !!! :irked:

There are lots of good fish in our waters you bluenoser . ;)

:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store