I stole it and I'm not sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Look guys its not my intention to start a moral debate. I sift thru a lot of death, horror, and cruelty where I work and I can't do a thing about it but absorb whats here. Taking that fish was just a tiny way of fighting back against things I can't change. Its a small life that maybe doesn't matter but I could change something. It didn't have to die. Yep. I'm wrong. But it saves me a therapy bill or two. I just shared it coz maybe someone else needed to hear that someone small, forgotten and insignificant mattered enough to be healed. Coz I dont know many of us who don't need a little healing.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
F' it if it aint bolted down take it! If it is bolted down bring tools!
Jk.
Stealing is bad. But imo this really isnt stealing it's more like liberating. Its not that different in what the U.S. does in foreign countries. A bad dictator is in charge treating people unfair we go in and blown some S up and people are set free. That dick-tater needed to be taken down! And you did it! I say you are a freedom fighter! Seriously though it was neglected and needed to be taken away. I had a small 7.5g reef on my "desk" at work. If someone had taken that it would have been theft as it was thriving and damnit bobby the purple fire fish was very happy. Sounds like the betta was poorly cared for and about. I say good job.

Tbh I thought when I first read it that dloks was joking. Appears I was incorrect. Oh well. I cant be right all the time. Lol

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
About 5 years ago, my family and I attended one of my wife's cousin's wedding. The centerpieces were large glass vases with plants and each had a Betta.
So, at the end of the wedding, when the centerpieces were given away, no one wanted the Bettas. It was the general consensus to just flush them down the toilet.
No way this was going to happen with me present! I got clean cups from the bar, rounded up about a dozen Bettas, and brought them all home. I kept 2, and was able to rehomed the rest.

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
About 5 years ago, my family and I attended one of my wife's cousin's wedding. The centerpieces were large glass vases with plants and each had a Betta.
So, at the end of the wedding, when the centerpieces were given away, no one wanted the Bettas. It was the general consensus to just flush them down the toilet.
No way this was going to happen with me present! I got clean cups from the bar, rounded up about a dozen Bettas, and brought them all home. I kept 2, and was able to rehomed the rest.
Did you send you cousin a card with a middle finger? That would have been my inclination lol

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I seem to see both sides on this.

I guess congrats on saving this poor fish (the emotional side).

Logical side: stealing is stealing but how many times have people stolen my pens or pencils? Has any one never taken a pen or pencil before in their lifetime?

Final conclusion, I hope the fish is doing better.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So I have seen that with goldfish and thought wow how dumb. We went to a fueral and someone sent a flower bouquet that included a bird cage and yes you guessed it a bird. The deceased loved birds so they thought it was thoughtful. Whos gonna take care of the bird....the woman is dead she cant do it! Stupid people.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
So I have seen that with goldfish and thought wow how dumb. We went to a fueral and someone sent a flower bouquet that included a bird cage and yes you guessed it a bird. The deceased loved birds so they thought it was thoughtful. Whos gonna take care of the bird....the woman is dead she cant do it! Stupid people.
Someone sent plants to my sister's funeral back in 1992. I'm still taking care of that plant today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store