I think I discovered some new convict genes

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
In my "Indominus project" post I bred a slightly marbled male (who also has honduran red point genes) to a normal female carrying the pink gene. The fry were as expected, silvery platinums reminiscent of their father, normal black stripey ones like their mother, but now there's also some transparent/'blushing' ones, and silver ones with blue hues. I will get pictures in a bit, but in my convict breeding endeavors I have not seen fry like this. I'm also pulling the weird ones to raise separately.

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
In my "Indominus project" post I bred a slightly marbled male (who also has honduran red point genes) to a normal female carrying the pink gene. The fry were as expected, silvery platinums reminiscent of their father, normal black stripey ones like their mother, but now there's also some transparent/'blushing' ones, and silver ones with blue hues. I will get pictures in a bit, but in my convict breeding endeavors I have not seen fry like this. I'm also pulling the weird ones to raise separately.
It must be amazing to create your own strain of fish... very interesting to watch as well!

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I got so much more out of that little project than I expected

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store