I think I'm getting a "dream" tank! Would love some suggestions!

icefreeze57

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
New Jersey
So I'm getting a house down south for school and the one I hopefully get would be perfect for a big tank. It has two family room types things, so we're thinking a TV for one and me and my cousin are thinking a big tank for the other room!

We could get a 75G with a stand real cheap from a contact so that should work! (As long as the tank holds water).

I've always wants a BGK so this could be the perfect tank for it! I'm also considering bringing both my Convict (Which is in a grow-out) and a RTS which is my main tank! Both are really small, but maybe the convict will be 2 inches by the time we move in, and the RTS maybe 3 inches, doubt it though. So if they get like 5-6 inches each then I think they will be to big for the BGK to eat (they've already got a head start on the BGK, I can't imagine it getting big enough to eat them i.e. a full sized BGK vs. a 1-3 inch RTS or Convict). Let me get your thoughts on that. I also think that in this huge tank the Convict and the RTS could get along (didn't work in my small main tank).

Even with the three of them full sized I can assume a lot of extra space so I want something else too... any thoughts? I think going with an Oscar would be pushing it with all these other guys, but maybe a school or something?? Maybe bear minimum I could make the convicts a mating a pair but I still think I'd be about to do some guys as well, let me know your thoughts on that.

So I guess my few followup questions would be, what kind of filter should I go with? (Once I know I can have the tank and the house I could buy a big filter and seed it in my main tank, maybe I'll even bring my TopFin 40 as well as another one which I could seed at home before setting up that tank, I'm think maybe a canister.... BTW whats the real difference in canister vs HOB filters). I'll go with a standard heater, and I guess I would need lighting, not sure if this tank as one or tank, so I'm assuming I'll have to get something, I'm more worried about the filter, and then maybe adding more fish to my main tank at home that can be with the Tiger Barbs.

thanks all!

PS I know its a lot, I really appreciate you reading and being able to answer anything you could

much love
-ice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store