I want to put a new fish to my 60 gallon tank

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'm assuming this is the same 60g tank that you were inquiring about recently in regards to how many catfish you could fit in it?

Looks like you went for two plecos anyway, which, by the way, is totally inappropriate for that size tank, especially when you take into consideration the other stock too.

You also mention a 9" dorado as part of your stock. Is this the same dorado you sold recently, where the thread was closed down after doing so? How have you come to get it back?

And just for good measure, two large oscars too? All those fish, in a 60g tank? And you are asking what else can go in!

Looking at your posting history you spend most of your time looking for new fish in the marketplace, always inquiring about new stock, yet don't seem to have adequate tanks to hold them before you sell them on again, if you do indeed move them on, the dorado example I quoted puzzles me slightly.

What is it you actually want out of the hobby other than, it seems, stuffing small tanks with as many fish as you can?

Keepers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2022
El Monte
I'm assuming this is the same 60g tank that you were inquiring about recently in regards to how many catfish you could fit in it?

Looks like you went for two plecos anyway, which, by the way, is totally inappropriate for that size tank, especially when you take into consideration the other stock too.

You also mention a 9" dorado as part of your stock. Is this the same dorado you sold recently, where the thread was closed down after doing so? How have you come to get it back?

And just for good measure, two large oscars too? All those fish, in a 60g tank? And you are asking what else can go in!

Looking at your posting history you spend most of your time looking for new fish in the marketplace, always inquiring about new stock, yet don't seem to have adequate tanks to hold them before you sell them on again, if you do indeed move them on, the dorado example I quoted puzzles me slightly.

What is it you actually want out of the hobby other than, it seems, stuffing small tanks with as many fish as you can?
I know

• Haha
Reactions: celebrist

Keepers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2022
El Monte

I sold some

Reactions: esoxlucius

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada

Careful, we are accused of being mean if we point out stuff like this.

But...despite your spot-on analysis above...and despite the OP's protestations of "I know"...he is still posting in another thread in which he is seeking out TSN cats. :(

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Careful, we are accused of being mean if we point out stuff like this.

But...despite your spot-on analysis above...and despite the OP's protestations of "I know"...he is still posting in another thread in which he is seeking out TSN cats. :(
After a while on the forum you develop a sort of second sense superpower, lol. You certainly have it, as do many other long term members. It enables you to distinguish between the good and the questionable.

After a bit of digging I called the OP's current practises as the latter, and I rightly brought it up, and several members seem to agree with my evaluation.

I have nothing against the OP whatsoever, in fact I acknowledged their last post where they said they'd sold some fish on, which was the right thing to do in their situation.

However, if what you're saying is correct, then it would seem they only got rid of those fish to make room for more highly inappropriate fish. Oh dear.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store