IBC Viewing window

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
...a bit longer than expected though status up & running:
- MOTORO en route in a few!

Working w/ FX6 & a powerhead for now but at least she' in motion. Heater, floodlights, air pumps, and tankmates on the way //

Tankmates: Lei or Jar still in the works, BD from the west coast, and the flagtail when he gets good size to join the rest of them.

IMG_1010.jpg

Viewing Window // 32" flat screen + underwater submersible cams :)
Waiting for black friday maybe swap the tele from the living room or just find something on the craigs. Cam & live viewing subscriptions will start streaming in the new year..lol. #truestory

and a few wraps to represent..

IMG_1012.jpg

Adding some netting either around rail or just above the surface. Filled her to the brim for cycling but I'll let it evap and keep it probably 18" lower give or take. Timing by Thanksgiving or so it'll be nice!

IMG_1011.jpg

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
No offence intended but I'm generally curious.

You've bought an FX-6 which is not a cheap filter and several expensive fish.

Why the IBC? Is glass or building materials expensive in your area?

There are large fiberglass ponds with windows in the available. I belive They are used for aquaculture, such as tilapia farms.

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
No offence intended but I'm generally curious.

You've bought an FX-6 which is not a cheap filter and several expensive fish.

Why the IBC? Is glass or building materials expensive in your area?

There are large fiberglass ponds with windows in the available. I belive They are used for aquaculture, such as tilapia farms.
Hey what's up all good been working on this for a minute now //

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...this-awesome-hobby.706957/page-4#post-7974746

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...d-filter-reccomendations.703672/#post-7966810

Looks way better w/the lights than expected but yeah I hear where you're coming from... hit up these posts/links above I've been back & forth w/ideas for this.. now it is what it is, a sick home for a stingray + aro and friends!

I'm into deep water culture hydroponics too so when it's done with fins & one day can grab a real pond it'll be on but i;m super happy w/what i have going on now and just wanted to #sickbrag maybe a little before it's stocked & take any tips on garage style or at least in range with what i'm working with....and from what i've seen on here as well, a lot more has been done w/ much less.

Last edited:

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
Fish are in! Actually just 6 goldfish & my 2yr calico since lastnite & just gave them their 1st feed w/some flakes lol since i really don't even know if they'll find it bc they're super tiny swimming in the 275. I ordered the motoro from Steve on the east coast & planning a ship date still + may just get the aro same time too if all goes good between now and then. Now just running whatever old heater i had around with temps at 68 degrees now but i'll pick up a good one before the new fins arrive get it to 77'ish for week at least.

Right now just starting to look at submersible cams b/c i actually really need it since i can't see my fish really all that good from top view & seeing if anyone here uses an underwater cam for pond? If so what kind is good? Also not too expensive but ok enough to be able to last a while. Maybe get 2 so can broadcast from 2 angles.

Thanks guys.

Getting an ibc dropped off tomorrow and want to know if im able to cut a section of the cage out and put in an acrylic panel, have been googling and looking at YouTube alot but still not finding alot of info to satisfy.

Looking at drilling holes all around the panel and using some sort of metal strips as the washers for better safety and just bolts every 1inch around the edge.

Whats the best way of doing this, seems very straightforward, but don't want to waste an ibc if metal starts leeching down the track. Since i cant use epoxy over the bolts and strips on the inside.

Has anyone done a window in an ibc with long term luck?

Thanks.
Are you still working with your ibc tank? Update when ya can man!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store