Ich i hope its not velvet

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi ....my lionfish and rhino scorpionfish have ich they are in a 55gallon with a moray eel and 2 Domino damsel fish i have live rock and soft corals..i just set up a 250gallon tank a week ago i real dont want to use meds so i was think should i wait for the ich to go through the cycle when they drop off movie the fish to the 250gallon? And dose freshwater dip work or not i read it dont and some say it works! Please any help is really appreciated. ....thank you

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
It's a hit or miss, some fishes will fight off the ich on it own immune system, Lionfish do shed their skin often and usually that will help them to fight of parasites, moray has thick toxic muscus and often won't be effect by external parasites either. Saltwater ich can lay domain on the fish host for months so it's not a good idea to move them to your 250G, best is treat your 55G like a hospital tank until ich cleared out.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It's a hit or miss, some fishes will fight off the ich on it own immune system, Lionfish do shed their skin often and usually that will help them to fight of parasites, moray has thick toxic muscus and often won't be effect by external parasites either. Saltwater ich can lay domain on the fish host for months so it's not a good idea to move them to your 250G, best is treat your 55G like a hospital tank until ich cleared out.

+1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store