ID, AT?

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Yeah I know the pics are lousy, but you can clearly see the bars so it should do [I hope...], he's in a tank with plenty of plants and driftwood, so not much chance of a good pic until he gets brave enouhg to come out.

Apparently the supplier had them labelled as "Borneo Tiger, four bar", the LFS had just got him in. Going by this chart it looks (to me) like an American Tiger, although his bars look more vertical than the one in the pic.

Dat1.JPG

Dat2.JPG

eman b115

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
just like they said AT for sure

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Sweet!!! :D

Do they have any different requirements to ST's? He's in with three ST's, all slightly larger, the biggest one is a bit of a bully, but might be going to a new home anyway.

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
They are found in brackish waters in the wild, but do well in fresh.

They only get about half the size of a Pulcher.

They have been known to be more aggressive then other Dat species during feeding time.

Congratz on the dat!

JlOlHlNl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Sacramento
Anybody know the price difference between a AT and a IT? Just purchased two yesterday for 30 each but I think I got one of each. The store labeled it as IT.

erider

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2006
north atlantic
i bought one last year marked "indo?". def at i like him alot 15 bucks at maybe 1.5 in. not as agro as a it, but can take care of himself good luck. i dont see alot for sale. not sure why.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store